How to join
The path to becoming a SafeCircle sitter
Before applying, make sure you meet our list of requirements.
We're looking for childcare professionals with energy, enthusiasm and a desire to give the best they've got for the children in their care. If you meet our requirements then please apply online today!
To apply, you must meet the following requirements:
You must be over 21 years of age;
Hold a qualification in childcare, teaching, midwifery or other child-related area;
Have professional childcare experience with children of all ages (infant to 12 years-old);
Currently hold a clear enhanced DBS check under 3 years old, or be able to obtain one;
Have a Paediatric First Aid certification, or be willing to get certified;
Be able to receive positive references from previous childcare employers;
Have access to reliable personal transportation;
Have daily internet access;
Live in one of our served regions;
Becoming a SafeCircle sitter is a simple four step process, starting with an online application and ending with some checks. You'll be kept informed of your progress every step of the way.
1. Online application
First you'll be required to submit an online application. Before applying, please ensure you have the following information to hand:
- Your previous employment
- Childcare qualifications
- Any applicable training courses
- Criminal history
- Personal characteristics, such as any health considerations
- Two references including address and contact details (email address is minimum requirement)
2. Face-to-face interview
If your application is approved, you will be invited to a face-to-face interview. At the interview you'll be tasked with the following:
- Documentation check - you'll be asked to bring photo ID and proof of qualifications, DBS and paediatric first aid certifications.
- Skills and Responses Interview - to gauge your knowledge and reactions to particular situations that can arise during a sitting. We take an in depth look into your previous childcare experience and consider your skills to provide outstanding care.
- Character Evaluation - this is our chance to get to know you better, and your chance to get to know us better.
- Profile photo - we'll take your approved SafeCircle photo for use on your SafeCircle ID and profile page.
3. Certifications check
If for some reason we were unable to verify your DBS and paediatric first aid certifications at the interview, we will then need to wait for these before continuing.
Only once we have received a clean and valid police check and a recent paediatric first aid certificate (within last 3 years) will we be able to proceed to the final stage.
4. Reference check
The final stage involves us making contact with the references you provided during your initial application.
Once we have two positive references returned to us you will then be a fully-fledged SafeCircle sitter!
You're now a SafeCircle sitter! We will post out your brand new SafeCircle ID card and activate your profile on the SafeCircle website, at which point you'll be able to start accepting bookings straight away.
Are there any other useful resources I should look at?expand_more
Where do you interview?expand_more
We hold our interviews virtually using Google Meet to enable us to talk face to face, and discuss all elements of the interview questions and explore your skills and experiences. You will need to ensure you have a quiet space to engage in your interview without distraction.